Evaluation Question 1

Question 1: In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products





My magazine conforms to the alternative rock/indie pop/electronic genre, my target audience consists of both males and females aged 16-23. The image used for the front cover is a mid shot. I have placed the image on right hand side so that the cover-lines are visible. This conforms to the conventions of 'LOVE' magazine portraying Adele, but on the other side. The colour scheme focuses on the use of pastel colours such as orange,pink and blue. The use of these colours highlight the innocence portrayed throughout the music genre. This is clearly evident in the Love magazine featuring Cher. This contrasts with the monochromatic tone present in the background of the main image. I conformed to the conventions present in Wire Magazine as I placed the barcode on the bottom right corner. This gives a sense of professionalism to my work and allows the audience to be able to purchase my product.




Image result for love magazineImage result for rolling stone magazine adeleImage result for the wire magazine




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Analysing whole magazine - cover, contents page, editor's letter, double page spread

Evaluation Question 6

Analysing three magazine front covers